[H-GEN] Motorola Cable modem

Conor Cunningham cunningtek at optusnet.com.au
Wed Nov 12 09:20:41 EST 2003

Alan,

    Just had a blackout at my place and recently arrived home to find
that smoothie had rebooted. Surprise surprise, eth1 was down.

[root at smoothwall root]# find /etc -name *pid -print
/etc/dhcpc/dhcpcd-eth1.pid
[root at smoothwall root]# rm /etc/dhcpc/dhcpcd-eth1.pid
rm: remove regular file `/etc/dhcpc/dhcpcd-eth1.pid'? y
[root at smoothwall root]# shutdown -r now

all works again.

It looks as if there is a bug with some code within their network config
files.

BTW Smoothwall 2.0 Beta 7 has just been released. Perhaps they have
fixed the problem.