[H-GEN] VNC for console apps??

Russell Stuart rstuart at lubemobile.com.au
Wed May 21 19:29:59 EDT 2003

On Fri, 2003-05-16 at 18:17, Russell Stuart wrote:
> Well, I will have to look in the kernel.  (Looking ...).  Ah yes, there
> it is, in tty_ioctl.c.  The TTY ioctl TIOCSTI puts one character into
> the tty receive buffer.  So there you go.  A text VNC is possible,
> almost easy.  It is hard to believe someone has not written it already.

Well, I have done a bit more looking, and its been a dismal failure.  I
can't find what I am after in the open source world.  So I have used my
last resort.  I have written the thing myself, thanks in a large part to
the pointers from Paul.

This has never failed me in the past.  Invariably, after writing
something I come across not one but several implementations - all free,
and in places which seemed obvious in hindsight.

You can find my implementation here:
  http://www.lubemobile.com.au/ras/conspy/