[H-GEN] newbie install woes [HyperScan 1.7]

Robert Kearey mammal at optushome.com.au
Wed May 14 20:00:55 EDT 2003

R. Shafran wrote:

> FYI, still no joy with FreeBSD but it appears Red Hat 9.0 has installed,
> albeit with problems, but will boot. Now I just have to sort out:
> * the boot hang at/just after "Finding module dependencies"

> * XFree86 problems with 'font path element' & default font 'fixed' &
> fatal IO error 104

Huh? If it hangs at boot, how do you get there?

Did you play about with selecting individual packages, or just use a
default install (workstation, server, laptop, etc)?

> * error opening /etc/securetty when trying to login as root

Hrm. That's just broken.

You didn't do the try-and-install-multiple-times-over-a-breaking-install
trick did you? A default install simply will not have these problems,
full stop.

What video card does this laptop have? Details, please.

--
Rob K - Ich mag Chips mit brauner Soße
http://members.optushome.com.au/mammal