[H-GEN]

Three Blokes gerbil at bigpond.net.au
Mon May 19 01:10:34 EDT 2003

Tony Nugent Writes:
<snip very informative email(it was exactly what I wanted, thanks Tony!)>

> (btw, who are the other two blokes? :)

Three Blokes is part of the name of the shop that me and two of my friends
are owners of, this is the business e-mail, thus the shortcut :).

> I have found that the main problem with all this is keeping state
> through reboots after you configure it and have it working nicely.

I had been thinking about that, I think what I will do is restrict bandwidth
to every ip on the network, then use the dhcp to give 'special' computers a
set ip address and give those ip's full bandwidth, guess it's time to pull
up some dhcp HOWTO's :).

>I've written some an init script (probably going a bit rusty and
> needs a touch-up) that saves (and deletes) the current routing and
> ip policy state (like "service iptables save"), and reloads it at
> bootup.

Would these scripts work with the dhcp in my situation?

Cheers Tony, I couldn't have wanted anything more in a reply than you gave
me, very helpful.  Oh, and I apologise for missing out the topic? I didnt
even notice till I saw your reply!

    Joe(just one of the three blokes :)