[H-GEN] Linux Backup

Robert Stanford rob at rotapile.com
Fri May 9 03:38:43 EDT 2003

On Fri, 2003-05-09 at 08:27, Robert Stanford wrote:

> I was under the impression if the tape drive supported hardware
> compression then dump used it by default?

Regarding this, somewhere in the back of my mind under the cobwebs and
dust was a nagging recollection of reading somewhere about dump using
hardware compression in tape drives by default, you had to actualy
specify not using it. It's not is the current man pages, just back with
other seldom used memories.[1]

--
Robert Stanford <rob at rotapile.com>

[1] Due to their nature I cant give any other examples of other such memories.