[H-GEN] Samba on SuSE 8.1

Paul Gearon pag at PISoftware.com
Wed May 7 20:40:46 EDT 2003

On Wed, 7 May 2003, Alex Delaforce wrote:

<snip/>
> So how do mere mortals get Samba running? (Frustration, frustration!!!)

While others' suggestions of using the Suse packages are definately the
way to go, I've managed to get samba sources up and running by using SWAT.
(Samba Web Administration Tool)

This won't set up the /etc/rc files for you, but it is a brilliant way to
configure samba if you are still learning.

IIRC, SWAT comes with the samba sources, and has docs on how to install it
(it's basically just a new line in /etc/services and /etc/inetd.conf)

Regards,
Paul Gearon

Software Engineer                Telephone:   +61 7 3876 2188
Plugged In Software              Fax:         +61 7 3876 4899
http://www.PIsoftware.com        PGP Key available via finger

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum
immane mittam.
(Translation from latin: "I have a catapult. Give me all the money,
or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.")