[H-GEN] Getting Samba to read NTFS partitions

Sandra Milne silne at optusnet.com.au
Mon Mar 24 06:07:18 EST 2003

At 19:33 24/03/2003 +1000, you wrote:
>Safest bet would be to have a fat32 partition containing the things you
>want to access in both OS's. You may sleep better.

This is what I encourage people who want to dual boot to do. I'm so
paranoid I do'nt even tell people that you can mount ntfs partitions
read-only -- I outright lie and say that linux has no support. That way I
don't have to deal with the tears after they ruin their ntfs partition. If
they happen to come across ntfs support and try it despite all the warning
plastered everywhere, it's nothing to do with me. :-)

On another note, I got the chance to flex my somewhat unskilled minicom
knowledge at work today. Twice in one week being the resident linux
'expert'..... What is the QLD Govt coming to? ;-)

Sandra.
silne at optusnet.com.au