[H-GEN] Bootable Linux distro, partition backup/restore

Sandra Milne silne at optusnet.com.au
Thu Mar 20 05:03:48 EST 2003

At 12:25 20/03/2003 +1000, you wrote:
>[ Humbug *General* list - semi-serious discussions about Humbug and     ]
>[ Unix-related topics. Posts from non-subscribed addresses will vanish. ]
>
>Hi all,
>
>I recently came across a CD-based bootable Linux distro (not Knoppix)
>that allowed you to backup and restore partitions across a network -
>a-la Symantec Ghost.
>If anyone else has seen this, could they please post a link.  I cannot
>seem to locate this anywhere, and I'm now thinking that I may have been
>living in a dream at that point in time.

I have something called "Partition Surprise". I'm not entirely sure what it
does as I've not had a chance to try it out. I'm wondering though if this
is what you mean. It's a modified linux bootable iso. I can bring to the
next meeting if anyone wants to try it out (I'm hoping to actually make it
to a meeting in the next couple of months.)

Sandra.