[H-GEN] Recommendations for a cheap internal modem which works with Linux and Windows

Sandra Milne silne at optusnet.com.au
Mon Mar 17 03:02:48 EST 2003

At 14:25 17/03/2003 +1100, you wrote:
>[ Humbug *General* list - semi-serious discussions about Humbug and     ]
>[ Unix-related topics. Posts from non-subscribed addresses will vanish. ]
>
>Hi Tony,
>
>On Mon, Mar 17, 2003 at 04:01:45AM +0100, tony st wrote:
> > Well....my ADSL application got rejected today from internode on the
> > basis that I have an Optus line.
>
>What, Optus phone line? What does that have to do with Optus Cable?

Optus phone line means that ADSL cannot be connected. Optus phone lines go
through the cable system and not the telephone exchange system. You must
have a landline (telstra, primus etc) to get ADSL connected. This is the
dilemma we are facing as we want to change off Optus cable but we're going
to get charged a lot of money to get a telstra line connected and pay
monthly fees on it.

Sandra.