[H-GEN] clustering @ humbug

David Jericho david.jericho at bytecomm.com.au
Thu Mar 13 22:16:35 EST 2003

On Fri, Mar 14, 2003 at 11:16:12AM +1000, Marco Grigull wrote:
> I have tried to get Debian onto one of the mac systems without much luck, either
> the floppy or the floppy drive bombs out along the way.  Booting from cdrom hasnt
> proven to be any success (maybe need a scsi cdrom drive?).  The model number for
> the h/ware is 7220/200.  Ill bring a few spare floppy drives for these.

http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/powermac/stats/powermac_7220_200.html
for those who are looking.

http://www.xs4all.nl/~eddieb/linuxppc/ANS/YDL2-on-ANS.html looks like
a useful guide to getting YellowDog Linux working on these machines.

http://www.debian.org/ports/powerpc/inst/pmac seems to make it fairly
clear how to install on an "Old world mac".

> Can I get a show of hands to see how many people are still interested in these projects?

I'll be in on it, I'm just not 100% sure as to my availability this
weekend.

--
David Jericho

--