[H-GEN] CD burner for Linux

Rod Hurford rhurford at bigpond.com
Tue Mar 11 07:45:50 EST 2003

Mark Corben wrote:

>  I want to add in a cd burner to my current Pentium II system (running
> SuSe 8.0)

<snip>

> Any suggestions as what to look for ??
>
> MArk

I have been using an LG model under Red Hat 7.2/7.3 for some time now
with no problems. Read the CD burning How-To (its a bit muddled but you
will get the idea :) ), it will also have lists of CD burners _known_ to
work under Linux (ie most - as already pointed out). The only "hard bit"
is ensuring that your IDE CD burner is seen as a SCSI.

Rod