[H-GEN] Job Allocation and billing system

Michael Anthon michael at anthon.net
Mon Jun 30 08:23:53 EDT 2003

Harry Phillips wrote:

> It looked good but didn't suit my needs. I too am going to build one
> from scratch, it will take a while because I haven't even started. I
> only learnt PHP+MySQL in the last 3 weeks to produce my brother-in-laws
> web site -> http://www.amhp.com.au

It sucks (not the site, what I'm about to say) but you may want to read
up on the Australian privacy legislation.  I believe that as it stands
your contact page may not be acceptable.  You probably need to add some
sort of privacy statement.

On a more critical note, it's bad form (IMHO) to force a font style that
is not one of the really standard fonts.  The font you have selected for
the page body looks pretty crappy in my preferred browser (Opera 7.11).
  Oddly enough it looks a lot better in IE but it may have selected a
different font from your list.  I tend to just stick to colour, style
and relative size settings for font differentiation.  Generally people
have their default font set to the font and size that suits their setup
(combination of monitor size and eye quality).  We have several clients
that have staff with rather poor eyesight (as in coke bottle glasses
type poor) and they regularly complain that a 14 point font on a 17"
monitor running at 1024x768 is too small!

If I had a point it's slipped my mind.  Was probably something like
"don't get too carried away with font styles or you will piss people off".

Cheers
Michael