[H-GEN] Searching for PII 450s

Sarah Hollings sarah at humanfactors.uq.edu.au
Sun Jun 29 18:32:50 EDT 2003

Michael Anthon wrote:

> I'm on the hunt for some PII (yes, that's 2) 450 MHz CPUs.  I will need
> either 2 or 4 of them, depending on whether I can get them and how much
> they will cost.  They are essentially to beef up some older machines to
> squeeze a little more life out of them.  Quite nice machine (Intel
> N440BX motherboards) and they have been running without a glitch for
> quite a few years.
>
> If anyone has any or can point me at someone in Brisbane who may have
> some I would appreciate it (yellow pages and google have been

I bought 1 x PII 450 genuine Compaq spare part (with attached power
unit) for a Compaq "Professional Workstation" (amazing SCSI backplane,
SMP m/b, enormous case, wanted to squeeze a bit more life out of it...)
from Volante in Southeast Brisbane about a year ago.

> particularly unhelpful).  It looks like I can get a couple on eBay but I
> don't know what the prices will be like, started bidding on one but gave
> up when it automatically went over $30, not that $30 was too much but I
> didn't have approval to spend it so didn't want more than that coming
> out of my own pocket (this is work related).

Price was *ahem* a *few* hundred.
--
Sarah Hollings                     IT Manager
sarah at humanfactors.uq.edu.au       The ARC Key Centre