[H-GEN] ADSL Internet providers

Steven McIntyre stev at uq.net.au
Thu Jun 26 04:21:24 EDT 2003

> Just a note on this topic to watch for.  I am having serious problems with
> one ISP and a netgear DM602 ADSL router.  I later found out that this router
> is not listed as supported with this particular ISP, and there are known
> issues.  I assumed if you have an ADSL router, you can connect to your ADSL
> ISP, but this is apparently not the case.  See
> http://www.netgear.com.au/support/isps.asp
> <http://www.netgear.com.au/support/isps.asp>
>
> I am awaiting a firmware update to resolve the issue (will use a different
> brand in future!).
  It has been a while since I've been to HUMBUG.
  jtf tho, I now work for Telstra in the ADSL section in Brisbane
  (formally known as the Broadband Support Centre[1]).

  I spend the entire day dealing with customers/ISPs who have problems
with ADSL services.  Whether its Telstra, the ISP, the customer
whatever.  As a result I'm rapidly accumulating a vast amount of
knowledge on the subject.

Steven McIntyre
stev at uq.net.au