[H-GEN] Linux DVD

Robert Stuart Robert.Stuart at qsa.qld.edu.au
Tue Jun 17 21:54:42 EDT 2003

Paul Cornford wrote:
> after a while the sound begins to break up. Frame speed also appears
> slower in Linux than in Windows. I have tried turning off services. I am
> using Xine.

Hi Paul,

I use Ogle or mplayer, Ogle has nice OSD and is what I have used most
recently.  That was on RH8, but I've since moved to RH9.  I'd suggest
getting all the necessary stuff for ogle or mplayer from
www.freshrpms.net and if you find the dependencies a nightmare, use
"yum".  freshrpms doesn't seem to keep old releases up to date very much
  - ie only RH9 is being kept up to date, so you might want to upgrade
to RH9.  BTW, there is an old DVD "howto" type document on freshrpms.

FWIW, I'm very happy with RH9, my only worry is the new threading, but
it hasn't bitten me yet.  It feels a little faster than RH8.

Regards,

Robert
--
Robert Stuart