[H-GEN] Linux DVD

Paul Cornford cbecwd at bigpond.com
Tue Jun 17 19:46:59 EDT 2003

I recently installed a dvd drive on my RH8 Linux box but haven't had
much success at viewing dvd's despite implementing the advice in the
Linux DVD howto. My system is a Celeron 433 with 256 MB of RAM which
plays DVD's flawlessly in Windows. I have allocated dma 1 both to the
sound card and to the IDE in modules.conf. I can start a DVD OK but
after a while the sound begins to break up. Frame speed also appears
slower in Linux than in Windows. I have tried turning off services. I am
using Xine.

Is there something I have missed here? It galls me that I cannot view
DVD's in my platform of choice.
--
Paul Cornford
Web Programmer