[H-GEN] Font Tomfoolery

Christopher Biggs listjunkie at pobox.com
Mon Jun 16 19:16:18 EDT 2003

Sandra Milne <silne at optusnet.com.au> moved upon the face of the 'Net and spake thusly:

> Christopher Biggs wrote:
>

>> [1] What's that you say? perfect excuse for a second PC?  :-)
>
> If I had to share a PC with my other half I'd probably go crazy. For
> starters, we much prefer different settings on the desktop.

But all that stuff is set up per user, so it doesn't matter.   She
uses GNOME, I use a hand tweaked crusty-unix-bigot window
environment.

We _can_ log in at the same console and each get our chosen setup.
Having two separate X servers means we can each _stay_ logged in most of
the time, and just switch to our own virtual console when we need to
use the PC.

> With how cheap 2nd hand computers are when u know where to source
> them, I don't see any reason why I would have to share. We've
> currently got 2 computers for every person in the house....

It's more a matter of room than money.  I have, um, 5 computers in the
house right now, but only one permanently sited in the study.