[H-GEN] Sharing folders on SMB - Mandrake 9.2

Alex Delaforce alextdel at bigpond.net.au
Sat Jun 14 23:03:17 EDT 2003

I am wrestling with Mandrake 9.2.
I have the network set up as a static ip network with a w2k machine as
the internet gateway.
On the Linux machine I can see my xp machine and a share called
SharedDocs. In the /mnt/ folder I have the SharedDocs directory mounted.
I thought this meant I would see the files on the XP machine in this
folder!

I opened vi as root and made a test file called 'test'which is in the
/mnt/SharedDocs folder (directory!)
On the XP machine I have a file called mini.txt in the ScaredDocs
folder.

On the linux machine I can only see the file I made on the linux
machine. On the XP machine I can only see the file I made on the XP
machine.

What am I doing wrong?

Alex Delaforce
  Director of Technology