[H-GEN] flat panel monitors with Linux?

David Seikel won_fang at yahoo.com.au
Fri Jun 13 06:50:28 EDT 2003

 --- David Jericho <davidj at pisoftware.com> wrote:
> If I have to wait an extra half second for my display to synch, I don't
> mind.

While it may be half a second slower than last years model, I guess the
point I was making is that they seem to be slowing down every year, modern
monitors seem to take several seconds.  Combined with fast CPUs, some
things flash by too quickly to be seen at all, because the fancy new
bleeding edge monitor is taking forever to resync.  When everything else is
getting faster, why do monitors get slower?

I use dual monitors at home and in the office, with three different brands
of monitor (both at home are Samsungs).  In both cases, the more modern
monitor takes noticably more time to resync.  Just did a test here at the
office, old monitor two seconds, new monitor three seconds.  At home I
think I remember that the old monitor is two seconds, but the new one
around five.   I'll do a real test on the home monitors and get back to
you.

</rant>