[H-GEN] Mega distro server.

David Seikel won_fang at yahoo.com.au
Thu Jun 5 04:04:11 EDT 2003

 --- Tony Nugent <tony at linuxworks.com.au> wrote:
> It'll all fit into far less than that:)

Plenty of room for future updates then B-).

> Does your box have two eth cards?  For sucking what's on my hdd, it might

> happen more quickly if we used a direct xover.

One of the purchases on Saturday morning will be another NIC for the box,
mostly for connecting to the cluster (my server will be the front end as
far as the rest of the HUMBUG meeting network is concerned).  I will
probably get a switch as well for the same reason, depends on how far my
money stretchs.

> It's possible to pack collections of the smaller iso and floppy disk
> images onto cdrom images and burn/copy them like that.  For others
> that I have on cdrom only, dumping/copying them might take more
> time.  My box has a cdrw, that might help.

Anything on your HD's we just copy as is across the network, and I'll sort
them out later.  Anything that you have as CD or DVD only I will load up
through my DVD reader.