[H-GEN] A few quick questions

Jason Parker-Burlingham jasonp at uq.net.au
Tue Jun 3 22:45:57 EDT 2003

Andrae Muys <andrae.muys at braintree.com.au> writes:

> Russell Stuart wrote:
>> For what it is worth, in the source I have the new algorithm
>> calculates
>> the mouse movement as:
>>     Assume:
>>          xset mouse A 0
>>          Mouse has moved D pixels
>>     Then the calculated movement is:
>>          D' = D * D^(A-1) / 2
>>     Where ^ means "raise to the power of".
>> Its a bit more complex in the code, as D is an (x,y) vector.
> Are you certain?  This must be rather impressive code as I am
> personally unaware of any way to raise a vector to an arbitary
> exponent?

I've seen matrix products using the A^n idiom to represent repeated
matrix multiplications, but you're quite right:  the dot-product can't
be repeated in that way (if I remember you just get a scalar value
back, right?) and using the cross product to talk about moving a mouse
pointer is ... intriguing.

Perhaps it's really:

jason
--
Stay up-to-date on what I'm doing lately:
                                 http://www.netacc.net/~burlingham