[H-GEN] Tracking down Perl compilation hassles (was: RT3 under Debian)

Greg Black gjb at gbch.net
Tue Jun 3 23:48:14 EDT 2003

On 2003-06-03, Jason Parker-Burlingham wrote:
> Greg Black <gjb at gbch.net> writes:
> The error messages you've already posted suggest the C<use> statement
> that offends the compiler is in /usr/share/perl5/RT/User_Overlay.pm at
> (or around) line 53.  Exactly which module is RT3 expecting?  I would
> certainly make sure that is installed rather than any alternative.
>
> It's probably looking for Digest::Perl::MD5, but it's worth checking;

Line 53 of /usr/share/perl5/RT/User_Overlay.pm is:

    use Digest::MD5;

So I guess making that visible as .../Digest/Perl/MD5.pm is
going to provide the correct thing.  The question remains: why
does it want it under that name when the "use" statement seems
to be asking for something that should be found (based on the
reported value of @INC) in /usr/lib/perl/5.8.0/Digest/MD5.pm
without any additional effort?

Greg

--
Greg Black <gjb at gbch.net> <http://www.gbch.net/gjb.html>
GPG signed mail preferred; further information in headers.