[H-GEN] PDA (linux) options

David Jericho davidj at pisoftware.com
Tue Jul 29 21:14:22 EDT 2003

On Wed, Jul 30, 2003 at 05:47:50AM +1000, Paul Clarke wrote:
> I've been a bit slow on making a comment on this. I have a iPAQ and love
> it. The transcriber function id brilliant. I can enter information into
> the PDA faster than I can type (I ma not a fast typist:) and accuracy is
> impressive. I have used it to take minutes at meetings. But the iPAQ's
> are expensive.

Well, after some more looking around, I either figured it was spend
$500 and get 50% of what I want, or spend $4000 and get 100% of what I
want.

I was looking at the various tablet PCs out there and figured they'd
be worth more investigation. They all run Windows XP though.

Having said that, I think I would prefer a Windows XP install with the
Cygwin tools installed, over a hobbled Linux install.

So far going by the stats and prices, the Fujitsu with the daylight
capable screen is the winner. More investigation to be done.

--
David Jericho
Systems Administrator, Plugged In Software