[H-GEN] Obtaining Tru64

Steven Lawrance stl at koffein.net
Mon Jul 28 09:01:43 EDT 2003

Greetings,

I've been trying (albeit infrequently) for some time to get ahold of
Tru64 Unix for a bit of tinkering at home.  HP's website[1] shows an
"enthusiast's kit" or somesuch for $US99 so I tried calling the Compaq
"part of the New HP!" number listed.  When I finally got to speak to
someone, they didn't seem to have much of a clue what I was talking
about and referred me to some "business reseller" which just wanted to
sell me some kind of intel-based server.

I also tried filling in the form on the website, but didn't get any
response whatsoever.

Any suggestions?  Anyone happen to have a spare CD lying around the
office? ;-)

--
Steven Lawrance
www.koffein.net

[1] I don't have the "New HP" URL handy, but I guess you can still get
    there via www.tru64unix.compaq.com