[H-GEN] Entering domain into a DNS

Alex Delaforce alextdel at lithoptix.com
Mon Jul 28 06:24:20 EDT 2003

I'm setting up my first domain on the internet, I've registered my
domain with www.domainresgistration.com.au. What do you do next to
become live on the Internet? I have a Mandrake 9.1 server running apache
and can access the site by its IP.

I thought that the registration mob would enter the name and IP details
into their DNS. They have a relegation form on their web site, but how
do you organise a DNS server (and a second one)and therefore have the
details to enter your domain details into the DNS relegation form?

I've sent them an email asking these questions but have not received an
answer.

Alex Delaforce
  Director of Technology
    Ormiston College