[H-GEN] Compaq Proliant

Robert Brockway robert at timetraveller.org
Thu Jul 24 23:45:23 EDT 2003

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003, David Jericho wrote:

> I'd propose at the speed of 200MHz, it's not worth chasing upgraded

I'm inclined to agree.  Although the hunt for unusual hardware to upgrade
an older box is kind of fun, the results usually underperform compared to
modern hardware unfortunately.  There is often expense with shipping, etc
over and above the basic purchase price.  Can you tell I've been down this
path? :)

> bits. I'd be contemplating using the otherwise great looking case, and
> upgrading it to something a little more recent. Probably cheaper too.

I wonder if the case will take anything like a standard m/b.

Rob

--
Robert Brockway B.Sc. email: robert at timetraveller.org  ICQ: 104781119