[H-GEN] Compaq Proliant

Robert Stuart Robert.Stuart at qsa.qld.edu.au
Thu Jul 24 20:48:06 EDT 2003

Tony Bilbrough wrote:
> G'day All,
> I have just scored a Compaq Proliant with one slot 8 Intel 200 Mz cpu
> installed.
> Taking the back off I noticed that there is a space for a second one
> [and some sort of cache card that pokes up/down, right next to it]

Hi Tony,

Can't be much help except to say that that card that you refer to as a
cache card is probably going to be the hardest part to get.  Are you
sure it is memory/cache?  Often these servers have little voltage
regulators or something similar in them; I'm not really sure except they
are needed.   Check out some doco on the server stuff at HP/Compaq site,
they may have the docs for your board there.  If not, you'll see similar
such cards in recent boxes (eg DL380 G3 we got recently has them).

Regards,

Robert