[H-GEN] Web page creation on windows, serving on linux

Alex Delaforce alextdel at lithoptix.com
Thu Jul 17 07:56:45 EDT 2003

Dear all,

I would like to use Dreamweaver on my Win XP box to create sites  and
then upload my files to my Linux box (both on same LAN). Macromedia
Dreamweaver can connect via LAN or FTP. I am not sure about how to
connect the two machines. Do I set up Samba or an FTP server on the
Linux box? Do I need Samba Server running on the Linux box to enable the
transfer of files from Xp to the apache web directory?

Any advice on using a Windows machine to create web content coupled with
a Linux Web server running apache server would be much appreciated.

I am very much a beginner in this field (linux and apache)and would like
any level of advice.

Alex Delaforce
  Director of Technology
    Ormiston College