[H-GEN] Desktop wars ..... (no not really)

Sandra Milne silne at optusnet.com.au
Sat Jul 5 07:15:17 EDT 2003

Greg Black wrote:

> [1] Recent means in the last couple of weeks for Debian and
>     about six months for FreeBSD.

If it was Debian 'stable' (Woody) then you'll find it's not "recent"
compared to other distributions. I use Debian testing on my desktop
computer and have found that the KDE with that is a lot more stable as
well as a lot more aesthetically pleasing. (No I do not like the
'lolly-wrapper' look of Windows XP.)

Maybe my karma is good or maybe I'm not a 'power-user'. Stability is not
something I've had problems with yet. I was expecting them given that
I've had problems with KDE in the past, but so far it all looks good.
(*Hunts for something wooden*)

Sandra.
silne at optusnet.com.au
  "After The Matrix, I cannot wear sunglasses.
  As soon as I put them on, people recognise me."
    -- Carrie-Anne Moss (Trinity)
JabberID: silne at jabber.org