[H-GEN] Idea for journalling filesystems

Michael Anthon michael at anthon.net
Wed Jul 2 01:05:19 EDT 2003

> The first is the M-Systems FFD 2.5" IDE Plus, at
>
>    http://www.m-sys.com/content/products/product.asp?PID=26&FILE=ffd25ideplus&FAM=FFD

Wow... I'm pretty impressed they can squeeze 21G of solid state memory
into a package that size.

> chugging if the IDE subsystem fails, but it doesn't have any
> indication of being susceptible to wear in the same way as the flash
> products.  The capacities are also a lot lower---16MB to 256MB for the
> IDE Pro.  See
>
>    http://www.m-sys.com/content/products/product.asp?PID=17&FILE=DOCIdePro&FAM=doc

I'm not sure why you think it's not susceptible to wear.  I'm pretty
sure it would be

http://www.m-sys.com/content/products/DocPlusTech_Fam.asp?PID=16&FILE=docMilPlus&FAM=doc

that says 300k erase cycles for the Disk On Chip stuff.  Never the less,
the DOC stuff is really neat and is great for building machines with no
moving parts 8^)

Cheers
Michael