[H-GEN] Samba Woes

Patrick Nichols pat at mutton.dyndns.org
Thu Jan 30 03:40:27 EST 2003

Johann Kwiatkowski said:

> Not too sure if this is the answer, but I find when services pause like
> that, its usually a malconfigured hosts file, or similar dns related
> problem,

I'd like it if it were the problem (because I could easily fix it), but I
don't think it is.

[lsabrisbane:~$] host patrick
patrick.bris.ledserg.com.au     A       192.168.1.13
[lsabrisbane:~$] host 192.168.1.13
Name: patrick.bris.ledserg.com.au
Address: 192.168.1.13
[lsabrisbane:~$] host 192.168.1.1
Name: server.bris.ledserg.com.au
Address: 192.168.1.1
[lsabrisbane:~$] host server.bris.ledserg.com.au
server.bris.ledserg.com.au      A       192.168.1.1

Both forward and reverse dns resolves correctly for all clients and hosts.
 Any other suggestions?

--
Regards,
Patrick Nichols