[H-GEN] TimeZones and Redhat 8.0

James Collins nospam at ltuae.com
Mon Jan 20 18:54:48 EST 2003

> James, apologies for ignorance - what is NTP daemon ?

    The NTP daemon is that wonderful gadget which keeps my Linux servers in
sync with the Atomic Clocks... NTP (Network Time Protocol) should have been
installed with your redhat. Unfortunately, as I discovered late last night,
the NTPd on my Database server had died sometime over the last few months,
and the clock had skewed by an hour...

    So the mystery was solved... It's been so long since I went to check on
those servers, that I'd forgotten that the Web Server and the Database
server were different machines, with different NTPs :) The web server NTP
was running just fine, but the Database server's copy wasn't :( ...

James :) Collins