[H-GEN] Linux and scanners

Rod Hurford rhurford at bigpond.com
Sun Jan 5 06:43:29 EST 2003

Hello everyone,

I'm looking at using a scanner with Linux (specifically RedHat 7.3), has
anybody got any pearls of wisdom they could cast my way?

I wish to scan both photo's and slides, so transparency capability is highly
desirable. I don't think I can just go and buy the latest and greatest and
expect it to "plug and play", can I?

(NB: I have looked at the SANE website and have arrived at some conclusions
already).

Thanks

Rod Hurford