[H-GEN] Debian floppies for Saturday

Tony Bilbrough mtbilbro at bigpond.net.au
Fri Jan 3 07:38:03 EST 2003

Paul,
I have a 486 dx2 compac [not a lappie] with a 400 mb hdd, running
windows 98 lite on 32 mb ram
- works really well, as all the ie stuff been dumped removed.
Do you want me to bring it so you can copy the what ever off the
beginnning of the hdd?
To Install win on mine I took the hdd out and put it in my Humbug boxen
to do the install
Then dropped it back in the old box.
No worries there.
If either of your machines will post to the hdd, it may well be your
best option to load deb on that hdd in another boxen and then just drop
it back in.
Hdd size was the only real prob I encountered with mine!
Installations do not generally wipe the bios on the hdd. It seeems to be
on some part that remains untouched by an install.
cheers
tony

--
Have you ever passed a Pine Tree