[H-GEN] Visitor to the humbug meeting

Alex Delaforce alextdel at bigpond.net.au
Wed Feb 26 07:38:07 EST 2003

[Bounced by the ListMom; the HTML copy has been removed and some
slight reformatting applied.  Cheers!                           ]

Hello,

My name is Alex Delaforce. I have recently started to use Linux. I'm at
the 'I've installed it but don't know enough to do anything with it'
stage. My aims are to have a Linux server at home to serve web sites
using  the LAMP combination and in doing this learn more about setting
up firewalls, DNS servers, file servers etc. This will lead into my work
area as I am the Director of Technology at an independent school which
is presently locked into the MS framework.

The FAQs for HUMBUG suggest I contact this email address prior to
attending a meeting.

The meeting seems to last for quite a while, is any time more
appropriate for new visitors than any other.

Looking forward to your reply.

Alex Delaforce

alextdel at bigpond.net.au
dir.tech at ormistoncollege.com