[H-GEN] monkey business (off topic)

Trent WADDINGTON s337240 at student.uq.edu.au
Sun Feb 16 22:10:32 EST 2003

On Mon, 17 Feb 2003, David Jericho wrote:

> Fortunately HUMBUG has been lucky so far in this instance, but having
> recently organised personal indemnity insurance[3] so I can share my ice
> hockey knowledge with beginners, it's a scary world full of stupid greedy
> people.

We were discussing last night people who are denied entry to restraunts
for not having shoes on is primarily an insurance issue,  i.e., even
though you've just told me that I can't come into your restraunt without
shoes on because someone might drop a knife and cut my foot open and I've
insisted that you let me in, if the exact event that I was warned about is
to happen then I can STILL sue you for my medical bills because you had a
DUTY to protect me from myself.  This is the kind of scary world in which
we live, where restraunt owners are actually required by law to protect
people from themselves.

Trent