[H-GEN] A request to the list maintainers

Bruce Campbell bc at humbug.org.au
Fri Feb 14 09:16:29 EST 2003

On Fri, 14 Feb 2003, Greg Black wrote:

> 1. Drop the "Reply-To" header munging that is currently carried

Ah, its that time of year again.  You have of course considered both sides
of the argument, such as the one below, yes?:

	http://www.metasystema.org/essays/reply-to-useful.mhtml

> 2. Drop the deferred sending of messages.  I have often found
>    myself replying to a message that has already received a
>    perfectly good reply -- if the original reply had been sent
>    out when it was received, I'd have seen it and known that

If you are referring to messages that were initially bounced due to
non-member posting and are later approved, then that particular situation
is not changing.

If you are referring to something else, such as the batching behaviour
that is present in most reasonable MTAs, then please clarify the behaviour
that you are seeing, in words other than 'stuff is slow'.

>    there was no point in adding to the noise.  I belong to
>    dozens of lists and the Humbug ones are the only ones that
>    have this delay.

As it happens, I'm subscribed to a fairly[1] large number of lists, and
there are a reasonable number of lists which have normal delays in
delivery, somewhat like the Humbug lists.

--==--
Bruce.

[1] Many dozens of dozens.