[H-GEN] A request to the list maintainers

Russell Stuart russell at stuart.wattle.id.au
Fri Feb 14 00:46:22 EST 2003

Sorry :(.  I had thought the Uni paid for it.  I was imagining a box
hidden in an air conditioning duct, busily processing Humbug chit-chat.

Batching will only happen if both the list software and the MTA cater
for it.  I don't know whether mailman of majordomo do cater for it.  As
for the MTA's: sendmail batches, qmail does not, and I don't know about
the rest.

As you say, at worst it will increase the bandwidth by the number of
different versions sent out.  It will increase anyway because I assume
some people will ask for digests.  (If people are whinging about large
sig's now, I can't wait to see what happens when someone replies to a
digest and includes the entire day's posts.)