[H-GEN] GPL or not??

Trent WADDINGTON s337240 at student.uq.edu.au
Wed Feb 12 23:26:00 EST 2003

On Thu, 13 Feb 2003, Russell Stuart wrote:

> If the author imposes other conditions in addition to what the GPL
> stipulates - such as not for commercial use, then he is lying if he says
> he is giving you a GPL license on the program.  He may be giving
> something "GPL like" but to say it is GPL is wrong.

I dont think that's the case here.  Basically this guy is just restricting
who can and cannot download the software from his web sites (and the
mirrors he has set up).  Once you've downloaded it you are free to
redistribute it any way you want (but he requests that you don't make it
available to download from anywhere else).

Seems like a good compromise.

Trent