[H-GEN] X-Windows + Lycoris

Harry Phillips hphillips at 4ward.com.au
Thu Feb 6 01:16:06 EST 2003

As some of you may know from talking to you last Saturday I am in the
process of setting up a Cyber Lounge in the Strathpine area.

To save on licence and administration cost as well as having real security
on each station I am experimenting with putting linux on them. Recently I
tried out Lycoris. It looks enough like MS Windows that our paying public
users would be accepting of it.

My problem is that as nice as it looks I would prefer to use Mandrake 9.0

My question is how do I get XWindows on a Mandrake system to look exactly
like Lycoris?
Is it just a theme?
Can I just copy over some icon and config files and hey presto it's done?
Is it a bit more codependant on something else?
Where do I even start looking?

I believe that Lycoris uses KDE, how do I check? How do I check which
version of KDE it is?

Regards
Harry Phillips
4ward Computer Services