[H-GEN] Linux 2.6.0 released

Sarah Walters sarah at uow.edu.au
Thu Dec 18 16:47:00 EST 2003

(Must learn to use 'L' in mutt for list-reply ... too used to header
munging. Sorry Robert!)

On 18 Dec 2003 Robert Brockway <robert at timetraveller.org> wrote:
> Linux 2.6.0 came out about 10-12 hours ago.  I've been running a 2.6.0
> test (pre-) kernel on my Debian/Unstable system for a little while and had
> few problems moving up from 2.4.  The problems I did encounter were mostly
> of the "annoying" sort.

Figures :) I moved to the last test kernel on the weekend from 2.4, so
*of course* they would release in the same week :)

I'm having issues getting my Samsung digital stills camera mountable
under 2.6. Admittedly I never tried under 2.4, but there are plenty of
people online who have gotten this exact camera working. It's my first
time using hotplug, and it seems to work fine, but I can't seem to work
out what I'm supposed to mount ... any ideas anyone?

Hmm, must change subscription address, this is my last day at this
workplace.

--
Mrs Sarah Walters
Systems Group