[H-GEN] mysql, openoffice and forms

Johann Kwiatkowski johann at spot-the-dog.com
Mon Dec 1 17:05:42 EST 2003

Hi All,
	I have been looking at front-ends to databases, in particular creating
forms, similar to MS Access, and ended up playing around with getting
openoffice-1.1 talking to a mysql database (version 3.23.58, and version
3.51 for the odbc drivers) on a redhat 9 box. My problem is that even
though I can open the database and create a form for it, I cannot edit,
or insert new records. I have read the docs on the openoffice forums,
where they suggest one of 3 problems (too early a driver version, wrong
mysql permissions or the table was created without a primary or unique
index) and as far as I can tell I have none of these issues.

So I am wondering if anyone else has tried this and was successful. Or
if anyone can suggest a good front-end to mysql. I don't really have to
stick to mysql, its just thats what I am use too and I can get both
programs for Linux, Windows and OS X (also not important, but useful to
me).

I have tried Total Rekall, which has all that I want (except OS X
support) , but has been unstable for me (but I will keep plugging away
at it for a little while).

cheers

Johann

--