[H-GEN] PGP setup for home users

Greg Black gjb at gbch.net
Wed Aug 27 21:31:15 EDT 2003

My wife is a therapist and wants to extend her practice by
allowing her clients to exchange email with her in between
normal face-to-face sessions.  To protect their privacy, she
wants them to use PGP.  Most of these clients are just basic
home users of Windows or Mac personal computers and they do not
have PGP installed on their systems.

I can't help them directly, as that would also raise privacy
concerns.  What I'm looking for is pointers to sources of help
that we could point these people to in order for them to have
some chance of success at getting it running in conjunction with
whatever MUA's they might be using on their home systems.

Failing that, if anybody has suggestions about alternative
approaches to solving the private communications problem that
would work in the scenario described and interoperate with our
Unix systems, I'd be interested in hearing their ideas.

One important issue is that many of the clients use a shared
email address at home; the solution has to allow just the
intended recipient to read the email, not anybody who has use of
the computer.

I'd be happy to receive private replies; I could summarise the
results for the list if people are interested.

Cheers, Greg

--
Greg Black <gjb at gbch.net> <http://www.gbch.net/gjb.html>
GPG signed mail preferred; further information in headers.