[H-GEN] ATO ERecord Software, Wine, ADSL & Knoppix

Nick Kwiatkowski nickolas at au1.ibm.com
Mon Aug 25 23:02:12 EDT 2003

I haven't used e-Record with WINE, but having used WINE to run some of the
other apps I still use at home (Half-Life/CounterStrike and excel 97). My
comment would be that getting an upto date version of WINE would be good,
as it is still beta/alpha code. Depending upon what the application needs
(Informed Desktop e-forms), different Wine flavours[1] maybe better.

I'm currently using transgaming's version from their CVS repository see (
http://www.transgaming.com/sources.php), as it has good support for gaming
:)

The alternative would be using something like vmware, win4lin, etc.

Ciao,

Nik

[1] Transgaming winex , codeweavers wine, rewind and the "original" wine

Nickolas Kwiatkowski
IT Architect
AMS Solutions Enablement (ASE)
Application Management Services
IBM Global Services Australia
phone:  07 3887 6304,  mobile:  0412 121 276,  email:  nickolas at au1.ibm.com
"In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity" - Albert Einstein