[H-GEN] Dual Montiors

ben.carlyle at invensys.com ben.carlyle at invensys.com
Tue Aug 19 20:26:44 EDT 2003

Anthony,

Anthony Irwin <anthonyi at toolboxsoftware.com.au>
Sent by: Majordomo <majordom at caliburn.humbug.org.au>
20/08/2003 10:10 AM
Please respond to general

        To:     Humbug - General <general at lists.humbug.org.au>
        cc:
        Subject:        [H-GEN] Dual Montiors

> I have a laptop with Debian unstable and an external monitor. I was
> wondering if it is possible to treat the laptop lcd screen as one
monitor
> and an external monitor as a second monitor and use them to display
> different information.

You'll only be able to do this if
1) The laptop has two video cards, one for the internal monitor and one
for the external one
or
2) the laptop video card can behave like two video cards.

Most laptops (as far as I'm aware) only have one video card and it's only
the output of that single card that's being directed to one place or the
other, or both simultaneously. If that's the case with your laptop you'll
be out of luck.

Benjamin.