[H-GEN] 1. Public Samba share 2. apache Samba share

Alex Delaforce alextdel at lithoptix.com
Tue Aug 5 09:30:51 EDT 2003

Sandra,
Thanks for the advice I am running permission on the web folder as
"drwxrwxr-x root root "
The section within the Samba file is
[web]
 comment = internet Files
 path = /var/www/html
 valid users = @webedit
 public = no
 writable = yes
 force create mode = 0664
 force directory mode = 2775

But this is not working. I can see the share but cannot write to the
share. This is I assume because of the - write flag not being set eg.
r-x above. Setting it works but is 777 secure for a web server?

Thanks again for your help
Alex