[H-GEN] Strange Mozilla 1.3 problem

Rick Phillips rickp at suntech.net.au
Wed Apr 16 18:00:07 EDT 2003

> Did the java plug-in make it unstable?

No, it's as stable as ever.

> As I said it is a strange problem. As soon as the field that has
> 'Something Franc' in it comes into view Mozilla disappears.
>
> I am now of the opinion that you are right and Mozilla config
> is broken.
> I am going to rename the ~/.mozilla dir and try again.

Good move

> BTW Are you the guy that FTP'ed the ISO's from me on saturday? I am
> really liking Mandrake as a desktop. Now if i could only get MYOBv12
> running using WINE I would be free of the MS shackles for good.

No, it wasn't me.  Mandrake is my favourite distro and having tried mostly
every other one, I keep drifting back.  Having said that though, I have also
fallen in love with Xandros which is debian based and which incorporates
Codeweavers Crossover.  The simplest Linux install you will ever do.  It
looks and behaves like a traditional Linux distro - not like Lycoris which
looks and behaves like Windows XP.  QuickBooks installs under Xandros but
because MYOB is an Aussie product, Codeweavers have never heard of it.  I am
involved in a 3 way conversation to try and get MYOB installable.  This is
vital to me as I am Qld agent for Xandros and I very much champion the cause
of Linux on the desktop.  I see small business accounting packages as the
last great hurdle for Linux to reach the average person - certainly
everything else is there - MS Office compatibility, scanners, internal
modems, web cams, just about every printer and that's all the _average_ user
wants.  My current new venture will start in June and it will be totally
driven by Linux - just to prove a point.

Regards,

Rick Phillips