Unthreaded mail [Was Re: [H-GEN] Debian install floppy boot problem]

Sandra Milne silne at optusnet.com.au
Fri Apr 25 19:50:50 EDT 2003

At 15:17 25/04/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>For a little while there I was getting thrown by the threading of your
>messages (if I remember correctly you don't always use Eudora) but now
>I've discovered I can simply edit the headers if I feel like it.

Yes sometimes I use KMail. It really depends which OS I'm in at the time.
Unfortunately, I've not been able to find a decent free email client for
Windows. I was at one stage using Sylpheed-Claws, however the bugs I was
experiencing crippled my ability to use the program properly so I gave up.
I refuse to use OE, simply because I don't like it (viruses/bugs/etc
notwithstanding).

I'd really appreciate it if anyone could recommend a decent email client
that does everything Eudora does (basically I use the filtering and
auto-reply options), and doesn't cost me money. Threading I'm not too
fussed on as I tend to delete the majority of my email once I've read it.

>jason, always surprised how hard it is to write an mail reader

I'm surprised too, that I cannot find a decent one for windows. I'm open to
suggestion as unfortunately I have to spend some of my time in windows due
to the nature of TAFE courses these days. (There is some linux taught, but
the majority is windows.)

Sandra.

silne at optusnet.com.au
"There are 10 types of people in the world -- those that understand binary,
and those that don't."