Unthreaded mail [Was Re: [H-GEN] Debian install floppy boot problem]

Jason Parker-Burlingham jasonp at uq.net.au
Fri Apr 25 15:17:14 EDT 2003

Sandra Milne <silne at optusnet.com.au> writes:

[stuff]

It's interesting that you should respond to this thread, Sandra, since
your MUA also makes a mess of replies; this is a quote from the
headers to your message, note that it leaves off Stuart Longland's
message-ID (<3EA8C947.2060801 at longlandclan.hopto.org>):

         <OFB6AD0824.73C0C074-ON4A256D12.000E96D4 at westsig.com.au>
         <3EA85A06.9030607 at tux.com.au> <nospam-1051247110.51646 at gw.gbch.net>

Instead it prefers to insert the following:

While this may or may not be in violation of the RFC (I'm not in a
mood to look it up and don't care that much) it certainly runs against
standard practice---for comparison we have Brad's message:

For a little while there I was getting thrown by the threading of your
messages (if I remember correctly you don't always use Eudora) but now
I've discovered I can simply edit the headers if I feel like it.

jason, always surprised how hard it is to write an mail reader
--
``I didn't program you for sarcasm.''