[H-GEN] Script for Arson?

Three Blokes gerbil at bigpond.net.au
Thu Apr 24 06:37:55 EDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul Gearon" <pag at PISoftware.com>

> As Sandra already mentioned, the correct solution is to give yourself
> permission to read the scsi device.  This is normally done by adding
> yourself to the group for the device and making it group accessible.

Just to expand on that a bit, can someone explain to me why I need to enable
arson's access(arson is not the only burning program that displays said
behaviour) to SCSI devices when the Drive is infact an IDE CDRW? Does linux
treat IDE as SCSI? (please be nice, i'm new to this).

Any comment's gratefully accepted.

     Joe Skilton